Sutra Neti kriya is a nasal passage cleansing technique using a cotton sutra neti catheter. It’s also called Thread Neti or rubber Neti based on the type of thread you use.
Benefits of Sutra Neti
Sutra Neti has benefits similar to that of Jala Neti. The nasal cavities can get clogged with impurities which may cause infections, inflammations and headaches. Sutra Neti can give the following benefits:
- Catheter for sutra neti helps to maintain the nasal hygiene by removing the dirt and bacteria trapped along with the mucus in the nostrils.
- Cotton sutra neti de-sensitizes the sensitive tissues inside the nose, which can alleviate rhinitis, allergies and some types of asthma.
- Several health problems like sinusitis, migraine, headaches, can be reduced by doing Neti.
How to practice of Sutra Neti ?
Sutra Neti should be learned from a qualified yoga instructor as it needs guidance in the beginning. This practice is ideally done in the early morning after brushing your teeth, though it can be practiced at any time of the day. Acquire a rubber catheter of size between 1 mm and 3 mm from any medical store. Select a size which you feel is comfortable for you to use, through trial and error or through expert advice.
Take the rubber catheter in your hand and very gently insert the tube inside your left nostril. Take care not to rush it; do it very slowly as it can irritate the sensitive membrane inside the nostril. Many people have mild nasal septal deviations, which is more or less harmless. If the deviation is acute then one may feel a block while inserting the rubber tube. Seek expert guidance in such cases.
Push the tube into your nostril upwards, till it hits the back of the throat. At this point the tube will bend and go down the throat. Continue inserting the catheter slowly.
Open your mouth and use your middle and index fingers to grab the tube from inside your throat. This takes a little practice. Once you get the knack of it, you can do it with ease.
Pull the tube out so that part of it is just outside the mouth. Never leave the other end of the tube, which you are holding with your other hand.
Now using both hands move the tube in a massaging motion to clean the nostrils and throat.
Repeat the procedure with the right nostril.
After the practice is over, remove the catheter and clean it. Store the catheter in a clean place for another day’s next practice.
Sutra Neti buy online if you do not have one.
The Shatkarma or the six purification techniques in Hatha Yoga are designed to make the body strong and healthy. ‘Shat’ means six and ‘Karma’ here means a method or technique. Shatkarmas are considered preparatory steps towards higher practices of pranayama and meditation. The ancient Rishis recognized the importance of a healthy body for all activities, whether worldly or spiritual. Hatha Yoga, as explained in the text ‘Hatha Yoga Pradeepika’, is aimed at making the body and mind fit for higher practices of Raja Yoga.
The Shatkarmas consists of six techniques. They can make the body clean and strong, free of diseases, remove toxins and improve concentration. It can also improve the flow of prana into the organs and the pranic meridians or nadis. The six techniques are – Dhauti, Bhasti, Neti, Trataka, Nauli and Kapalabhati. All these techniques should be learned from an experienced teacher. Let us discuss it briefly one by one.
Benefits of Shatkarma
- As Shatkarma purifies the internal body, our external organs system also started working well. Thus, it balances the internal & external organ systems.
- The series of these kriyas helps to balance the Tri Doshas of a human being. There are Three Doshas in every human being, if there is any kind of imbalance in any of these Doshas then the body will not function properly. So Shat Kriya helps the Doshas to be in a perfect ratio.
- Shatkarma is helpful to channelize the flow of Prana in Nadis. It helps to clean the blockages of Nadis and thus Prana move without any obstacle inside the body.
- The kriyas are helpful for the connectivity of the mind, soul, and body. As all the channels are cleansed by these kriyas then all the pathways are open and then all those yogic activities connect your mind boy ad soul.
- Shatkarma is helpful in the development of the immune system. If our Immune system is strong and healthy then it helps fight many diseases. So when a being is cleansed from its core that means its base has been cleansed as well. Hence in this manner, the immune system is cleansed as well.
- Physical aging and Biological aging are two different aspects. When our body isn’t clean then it brings physical aging that is pretty earlier from the Biological aging. Shatkriya helps to retarded Physical aging and helps to maintain biological aging.
- It helps to increase awareness of a human being at different levels, at the physical level, psychological level, emotional level, spiritual level, and intellectual level.
- Additional Information
Weight 1.0000 Country of Manufacture India Manufacturer No
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Good product.
The delivery guy marked it as delivered, I had not received it. I kept investigating for 2 days. Ecom express
Product is good for neti purpose. It gets painful if your nose is very blocked.
Packaging Product Quality Shipping
- Love my cotton thread
Best product for neti kriya
Packaging Product Quality Shipping
Write Your Own Review