The Stem of a soft portion of the banana tree, a thin turmeric stem or a sugarcane stem should be repeatedly inserted ( through the mouth ) and then slowly withdrawn from the middle chest. Then kapha, pitta and mucus should be evacuated through the mouth. Danda dhauti is a yogic purification technique designed to remove excess bile from the stomach and excess mucus. Traditionally, danda dhauti was performed by threading a lotus or banana stem down the throat. While that method is still used, the modern way of practicing danda dhauti is to use a catheter. After the yogi drinks warm saltwater, the catheter is guided through the esophagus into the stomach and then removed. Danda dhauti should only be practiced with the help of an expert. In addition to removing bile and mucus, danda dhauti is believed to reduce acidity and other digestive issues and to improve bad breath.
How to Use:
- When the head is raised to a particular position, the oesophagus straightens.
- As may be seen in circus performances, some people can insert a sword inside the throat.
- Similarly a hatha yogi inserts the stem and keep holding
- While retaining the breath inside, the rod is inserted as deeply as possible and slowly rotated.
- This may induce the desire to vomit, but do not do so.
- Instead the stem is removed and the mucus and other waste matter are spat out.
- In order to do this Practice, breath retention must first be perfected.
- As long as one is breathing in and out, this Practice cannot be done because the throat and windpipe will be moving.
- The rod is inserted only while retaining the breath.
- Additional Information
Weight 1.0000 Country of Manufacture India Manufacturer No