Iyengar Foam Yoga Blocks for Strength Building
Yoga props were popularized by the late B.K.S. Iyengar as tools to support the body to allow a deeper expression of a yoga pose’s alignment. A yoga block or yoga brick is one of the most popular yoga props to use in a yoga session. Yoga blocks are most often used as an extension of one’s hands but are also used to support the back, head, and hips, and to deepen awareness of alignment. Most yoga studios have blocks available to borrow, but you may wish to purchase your own. Having your own set of blocks will be more sanitary than borrowing them, and you can use them in your home practice. When purchasing a yoga block you will need to consider size, material, cost, and quantity. Three type of yoga blocks are available Online in Indian market.
1) Cork Brick
2) Wooden Brick
3) Foam Brick
Cork blocks are similar like wooden blocks. Ancient yogis preferred to used the wooden block. Foam blocks are popular among between yoga practitioners.
Benefits of Yoga Bricks:
- Make asanas more accessible by adding length to your limbs.
- Create more balance in standing poses.
- Help prevent injury by reducing overreaching and strain.
- Encourage proper alignment and a deeper understanding of the asanas.
- Add support to allow you to relax and soften into the experience of the asana.
- Deepen the activation of muscles and add more challenge to basic asanas.
- Support range of motion, thereby shortening the distance between you and the floor (“bringing the floor closer to you”)
- Assist in establishing correct alignment during yoga practice.
- Help make yoga accessible to beginners and to those experiencing injury or other physical limitations
- Bring awareness to properly engage and support muscles in a specific pose
- Can be placed at the low, medium and high positions to accommodate more or less support
The traditional yoga block is the shape of a rectangular brick. You will also find blocks that have different proportions than the standard 4″ x 6″ x 9″ size as well as other shapes. Curved and rounded will be the most comfortable for reclining poses and supporting your spine in back bending asanas.
Bricks also used as fitness equipment in sports fitness training.
Other Iyengar Yoga Props:
- Additional Information
Weight 1.0000 Country of Manufacture India Manufacturer No
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Happy with my purchase.
Packaging Product Quality Shipping
Write Your Own Review